Last month we were very lucky to receive another box from DegustaBox. We were so impressed with March’s box that we didn’t think it could get any better, but guess what? we were wrong! As soon as we delved into the box we were met with so many different yummy goodies and we wasted no time in trying them out.
Included in this months box was:
1. DR Oetker – We received two bars of DR Oetker fine cooks chocolate, we haven’t got round to using them yet however included in the box is a recipe for chocolate fondants which we will be attempting to make soon!
2. Crabbies – Crabbies Alcoholic Ginger Beer comes in a variety of flavours, we received Raspberry and I can honestly say it was one of the nicest drinks I have ever tried, it was so refreshing, I was almost disappointed that we only received one bottle as that meant I had to share with the hubster
3. Clearspring – Miso Soups are perfect for a quick lunch or snack, you simply add water to get a rich flavour. I found them particularly useful as with a 3 year old and 16 week old I do struggle to find the time to stand and prepare meals for myself and tend to just pick, it was nice to be able to enjoy a little snack for a change.
4. Lindt – I am a chocoholic so the Lindt chocolate bars were a welcome addition to our Degustabox, they were delcious, the hubster preferred his once it had been in the fridge but I think that spoiled it a little and much preferred mine at room temperature as this made the chocolate inside go gooey, each piece just melted in my mouth, perfect with a nice brew!
5. Go Splash – This is probably one of my husbands favourite items, his job requires a lot of driving so he now keeps this on him for when he is out and about, I was a little dubious due to the size of the bottle however after almost a month he is still using the same one, these would also be ideal for work, before going on maternity leave I worked in an office and often drank water from the office water machine, Go Splash would have been perfect for adding some flavour to my drinks.
6. Cawston Press – In all honesty this isn’t a drink I would have considered buying as I am not keen on Rhubarb and I wasn’t even going to try it as it didn’t appeal to me but I had it one evening and I’m glad I did as it was lovely, especially as it had been in the fridge for a couple of days so was nice, cold and refreshing.
7. Keogh’s – Keogh’s crisps did not last very long at all, they were opened almost immediately, they were delicious and so moreish it was a fight between me, the hubster and the toddler who could eat more.
8. Mornflake – I enjoy anything that makes my morning’s just that little bit easier and Mornflake is perfect for a grab and go breakfast. I was a little surprised at first as there didn’t seem to be much cereal considering how big the container is but despite this it was actually really filling and tasted really good, it also got a thumbs up from the 3 year old.
9. Jaffa Cake Mini Rolls – I love Jaffa Cakes and I love Mini Rolls so these were an absolute dream and went down a treat with every member of the family, we also froze some which I had never thought about doing before, my daughter especially enjoyed one in her lunch box.
The total value of this box is approximately £20.00 and the actual cost of the box is £12.99 including delivery.
I really do love the DegustaBox, as it gets you trying things that you may not have bought otherwise, my favourite item this month was the Crabbies Alcoholic Ginger Beer and since trying it I have treated myself to more.
I also mentioned in March’s post that we were going to purchase a box for our friends as an house warming gift which we did and I’m pleased to say they were over the moon, when we asked what their favourite item was they couldn’t decide as they genuinely enjoyed everything.
If you would like to try your own DegustaBox then you can use this code 5KVOQ to receive a £3.00 discount when registering and don’t forget to show some Facebook and Twitter love and of course visit their website for more info.
Disclaimer: I was sent the Desgustabox free of charge for the purpose of this review, however all thoughts and opinions are my own.