We recently received a box full of yumminess from DegustaBox, a subscription service that delivers a surprise box of food goodies to your door each month. This is our first month receiving the box so we weren’t really sure what to expect, although we were both super excited, I mean let’s face it, who doesn’t like having surprise food delivered straight to their door?
The box was delivered by courier and all the products arrived well packaged, my husband and I were like two kids on Christmas morning, excited to get stuck in and see what surprises we had and we were not disappointed!
Included in the box was:
1. Chocolate Chai / Tea Latte : Chocolate Chai is a unique blend of rich cocoa with warm spices, I was a little dubious when trying this as I am very much a tea girl however I was pleasantly surprised by the flavour, the spices aren’t as strong as I first imagined although if I’m honest then I am a long way off ditching the tea! Tea Latte is an infusion of Earl Grey with frothy milk which I am yet to try.
2. Tyrrells Popcorn : This popcorn is popped at Tyrrells Court Farm, Hertfordshire and is available in five different seasonings. We tried Sweet and Salty and they were yum and very moreish, the packs are perfect for when you’re on the go or to eat as an alternative snack. Gracie actually tucked into ours while curled up on the sofa watching Frozen! they make a great movie night snack for the littlies.
3. Moma : Moma produces a range of breakfast products, including porridge. We received two tubs of porridge in our box and I would have to say that these were one of my favourites, they are quick and easy to make requiring you to simply add hot water. Gracie tried the plain porridge, while I enjoyed porridge and cranberries, these are perfect for when you are wanting a quick breakfast and they provide the perfect portion, before going on to maternity leave I used to take porridge into work with me, I just wish I had taken these.
4. Shaken Udder (Banana, Chocolate and Strawberry) : These milkshakes contain natural ingredients and are made with real fruit or Belgium chocolate and blended with fresh British milk, it is safe to say that these were Gracie’s favourite products from the box and that neither me or my husband got a look in, other than a quick taste each! They are perfect for drinks on the go or to pop into the kiddies lunch box – Gracie always has a milkshake and biscuit before bed so she enjoyed choosing one of her Shaken Udder’s for a change.
5. Mexican Dave’s Nachos : We love Nacho’s in our house and Mexican Dave’s are no exception, these were the first food that we tried and one of my husband’s favourite, the flavour was to die for and you couldn’t just have one, we were all going back for more, they are perfect to eat on their own or you could have them as a side dish and if you wanted to add extra flavour then they are also gorgeous with melted cheese on!
6. Scwartz : Schwartz are perfect for when you want to whip something up quickly, you simply add a shot of flavouring to your pan and then add in any additional ingredients that you may fancy, whether it be meat, veg, rice.
7. Organico Pasta : This pasta is 100% Durham Wheat. Pasta is an old favourite of mine as you can do so many different things with it, you can add different sauces, different meats, eat it hot, eat it cold… in the DegustaBox there was a recipe suggestion using the pasta which we are planning to try (I’ll come back and post the recipe once we have given it a go!)
8. Organico Sauce : This tomato sauce is from the same range as the pasta, again I have many sauce jars in my cupboard and consider them a staple food. I will be using the sauce when I try the recipe mentioned above and I can’t wait!
The total value of all the products in this box is approximately £18.14 and the actual cost of the box including delivery is £12.99.
Overall we were thrilled with our box, not only is it great value for money but it also got us trying different foods that we otherwise wouldn’t have, my husband was so impressed that he has ordered one to be sent to a friend as an house warming gift!
If you would like to try your own DegustaBox then you can use this code VRSF6 to receive a £3.00 discount when registering or to learn more about DegustaBox then why not visit their website or alternatively give them some facebook or twitter love.
Disclaimer: I was sent March’s DegustaBox for the purpose of this review however all thoughts and opinions are my own.